[Tagging] horse rental

Hufkratzer hufkratzer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 10:19:33 UTC 2018

On 2.9.2018 22:06 Thilo Haug OSM wrote:
> {...]
> The current namespace article doesn't mention underscores :
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Namespace#Example_namespace_uses

I think it doesn't have to, the underscore can just be a part of a key
or a value like any letter [a-z] can.

> The amenity=* version is IMHO the worst possibility (in case of several
> "amenities")
> as you could just work with semicolon separator,
> which isn't recommended : [...]

Doesn't need a semicolon, only the main activity gets amenity=*, see
examples:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3880444689 :
amenity=restaurant
horse_rental=yes

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1563976033 :
amenity=fuel
car_rental=yes

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2356973972 :
amenity=boat_rental
bicycle_rental=yes
dinghi_rental=yes
motorboat_rental=yes
pedalboat_rental=yes

If you want to search for all car_rental's you have to search for
amenity=car_rental (main activity) and for car_rental=yes (secondary
activity). This is uncomfortable, but the  rendering
depends on the main activity, therefore the distinction is necessary.
Isn't it?