[Tagging] Slow vehicle turnouts

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Sep 5 10:40:45 UTC 2018

Signed passing places do not always require a vehicle to stop. Particularly on single track roads in Scotland they can be hundreds of metres long such that vehicles passing can do so without slowing.

The wiki should be changed to allow passing places to be mapped as ways, not sure why the node restriction was added but it seems unnecessary.

The photo shows a wider bit of road, not a signed passing place. I would only map a signed passing place using the passing place tag.

Phil (trigpoint)