[Tagging] Coastline for rivers, estuaries and mangroves?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:39:14 UTC 2018

Specific examples:

1) This changeset on the River Dart in southwest England was the
source of the Help site question:

It looks like quite a large estuary, much wider than the non-tidal
part of the river upstream. User keithonearth, who made the edit, was
looking for discussion on this. (It looks like this was just discussed
on the GB list as well:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2018-August/021885.html
)

2) The estuaries and mangrove tidal channels in this area:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=11/-4.8806/136.9339

I previously changed the coastline to be closer to the river mouths in
another section of coast to the southeast, but perhaps I should change
it back? The whole idea of coastline around mangrove swamps is most
confusing. I don't think the mangroves should be outside of the
coastline, but where then should it be?

-Joseph