[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Toll Gantry

Jonathon McClung jonathon at kaartgroup.com
Wed Sep 5 17:48:38 UTC 2018

Hello OSM Tagging List!

We at Kaart noticed a lot of unresolved discussions on the more and more prevalent toll gantries that never really came to a head. We considered some of the routing issues caused by the current barrier=toll_booth method when we started to run into them with the data we collected in South Africa. Therefore, we figured we would put together a proposal to get something more or less set in stone. Please check it out and leave a comment in the discussion page!

Link to the proposal:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/Toll_Gantry <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Features/Toll_Gantry>

Definition as it appears on the site:

A tag on a node to denote a transponder or camera gantry that exists for the purpose of electronically collecting tolls.

Jonathon McClung  |  Kaart  |  jonathon at kaartgroup.com