[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Toll Gantry

Jonathon McClung jonathon at kaartgroup.com
Wed Sep 5 18:50:45 UTC 2018

According to the wiki, enforcement=toll is used for something completely different. See:

HGV toll enforcement camera bridges and pillars in Germany (see Toll Collect <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/en:Toll_Collect> on Wikipedia), checking system compliance.
For normal toll bridges that directly trigger the payment please use barrier <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:barrier>=toll_booth <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dtoll_booth>
From what I’ve read there and on the Wikipedia page mentioned, it seems to have more to do enforcing that people pay, not actually collecting.

The other factor is that the proposal is for a tag on a node versus a tag enforcement which is a relation.

Jonathon McClung  |  Kaart  |  jonathon at kaartgroup.com