[Tagging] Mapping language borders, tagging offical languages?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 08:54:06 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

On 14. Sep 2018, at 10:18, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>>> On 2018-09-14 08:47, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>>>
>> I'd go for a mixed approach - tag the (largest useful) administrative
>> boundary first, and then allow lower level admin boundaries and finally,
>> place nodes, to override the default.
>>

> Sounds good!

yes, I believe this is also where we arrived last time.

A harder one seems the actual tagging, as multivalues are contested, and several “primary” languages for the same place are certainly a key requirement.

It even achieves the fuzziness at a small scale by allowing place _nodes_ to override areas, naturally this introduces uncertainty because the extent of nodes is not precisely defined, so it might reduce the willingness to engage in an edit war (all parties can read the same data according to their liking).

cheers,
Martin