[Tagging] maxspeed:type vs source:maxspeed // StreetComplete

Tobias Zwick osm at westnordost.de
Wed Sep 19 22:22:04 UTC 2018

See https://github.com/westnordost/countryboundaries

It's per node. Size and supported admin levels depend on the data you
stick in there. (Also, the faster the access should be, the bigger the
file.)

The default data is a geoJson file from the JOSM project which has all
the countries, and states only for the United States, Canada, Australia,
China and India and is about 1MB.

> I imagine the same calculation could be used for other default
> calculations, like the default language format,

Here is a list of official languages by country iso code:
https://github.com/westnordost/StreetComplete/blob/master/res/country_metadata/officialLanguages.yml

Cheers
Tobias