[Tagging] landuse for government offices ?

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:54:41 UTC 2018

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 at 10:40, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Maybe it's just me, but I really can't understand why landuse for government functions needs its own tagging. The buildings are often indistinguishable from commercial properties - what is different is that the occupier is some statutory organisation.

It would never come to my mind to map the area where the parliament or
government meets as landuse=commercial. What kind of services should
they sell? Law? :-)

> We don't tag landuse=charity, or landuse=private, or landuse=education, so why landuse=civic_admin?

Yes, i do tag landuse=education because there isn't any other land use
that fits better -- and apparently others are using it too (currently
used 489 times).