[Tagging] landuse for government offices ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 20:45:17 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 20. Sep 2018, at 04:57, John Willis <johnw at mac.com> wrote:
>
> I wholeheartedly believe the decision to use commercial for Civic buildings was wrong, and came from an adversity to making enough new landuse values at the start. I want to correct that.

I support this. IMHO it stems from a misconception, someone wrote that commercial landuse is typically offices, and other people understood all offices must be commercial landuse.

A lot of people have an adversity to making up new tags and prefer using established tags even if the meaning is not fitting perfectly for the thing they map, but this is harmful because it devalues/blurs the meaning of the established tag.

Cheers, Martin