[Tagging] [OSM-talk-be] cadastral plan now open data

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 21:22:08 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 21. Sep 2018, at 21:32, André Pirard <A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The whole cadastral map is offset by that 7m.
>
> Picture 3: So, I dragged his parcel right onto the wall.
> And now it's correctly located, aligned with the fencing all around.

how did you know which source was off, the cadastral map or the orthophoto?

> The Belgian cadastre is not the only one with an error shift.
> With JOSM, I have similarly proved that Google Map has a 120m NE shift in Beijing.
> Nobody noticed it.

it is well known that the chinese government requires all imagery and map providers to use chinese algorithms which distort the map coordinates systematically, in a way that they remain usable as long as your navigation system uses the same algorithms.

Ciao, Martin