[Tagging] Feature proposal - RFC - assembly_point:purpose

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 22:20:59 UTC 2018

On 22/09/18 07:42, John Willis wrote:

>> On Sep 22, 2018, at 5:17 AM, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Problem: most assembly points are multi-purpose around here. At least fire and earthquake. And they are not marked with a purpose.
>
> Very true - I think most people assume an assembly point is "safe", as the location is chosen because it is low-risk for many types of disasters.
>
> Perhaps we need to have a few assembly_point:foobar=yes, in case people want to map a specific aspect of one - especially if it is *not* good for one aspect.

Some are atom bomb shelters.

Some are in the open, possibly a car park - away from the building where the alarm has been activated - usually a fire alarm.

Some 'multi purpose' assembly points would also be used for bomb threats.
For bomb threats the location should not be known nor regular as the bomb could be placed within the assembly point to cause maximum devastation.
This kind should not be mapped.