[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Topographic Prominence

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:46:24 UTC 2018

I don't actually mind 'natural=peak' for any named local maximum
elevation. 'Peak' in one of its senses simply means the high or most
important point of anything. You can speak of the peak of a hill, or
of the peak elevation in a region, or talk of a mountain that has
several peaks.

I wouldn't like using 'mountain' to mean 'hill', but 'peak' is more generic.

I'm also fine with 'hill' if people want to use it. But as I said, the
difference between 'mountain' and 'hill' is a matter of local culture.