[Tagging] Tagging a named river bend

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 00:54:08 UTC 2018

"waterway=" is usually used for features that have to do with linear
water features; values include dam, weir, lock, etc.

Since the name of a bend would be most useful for boaters and kayakers
who are using a river as a waterway, I would recommend using
"waterway=bend".

This could then also be used for a bend in a canal, for example.

"place=*" doesn't say anything about if the feature is natural or a
settlement, and it isn't usually used for water features.

Another option would be natural=bend or natural=river_bend, because
natural=* is used for all sorts of geographic features in the natural
landscape, including water features like bays, straights, etc.

Joseph