[Tagging] Traffic sign direction tagging..

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 16:31:18 UTC 2018

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018, 5:34 AM Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I still highway=give_way and highway=stop with
> direction=forward/backward (which is used by OsmAnd AFAIK).

Me, too - I went around my neighbourhood last year adding them. OSMand does
indeed recognize them.

Describing what a driver might see when approaching a turn would be an
effective use of traffic_sign, but 'node near the way' is pretty useless
for routing. For maximal detail you'd need both, but if you're only going
to add one, the highway=stop is far more useful.