[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 108, Issue 162

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 09:24:29 UTC 2018

Practically, if the ways overlap, it may be hard to render the name labels
and interpret the data.

I’m imagining a routing app for boaters or paddlers. It could announce the
name of each new reach, bend and section, and also warn of hazards: “bridge
in 400 meters”, “Rock hazard”, “rapids ahead, grade 2”. For this case, it
would be harder to use river sections that overlap.

Also, if you wanted to download all the parts of the river into a
spreadsheet, it wouldn’t be easy to analyze the data if ways overlap.

I do like Yves’s suggested tags, for this reason