[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 108, Issue 162

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 00:11:12 UTC 2018

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 at 18:19, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I would like this to be applicable to lakes as well (why not?) but it's
> difficult to see how a linear feature would apply to a lake. Any comments?

How about permanent "lanes" (moored rows of buoys) for rowing races /
practice - not sure how you'd name it though?

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 at 23:39, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> How is this latter information currently modelled in OSM? Is it possible
> that "rapids" or whatever do not cover the whole width of the river? In
> that case they will need their own polygon. Maybe we should not try to mix
> up "rapids" etc with the naming of sections.

Here are several examples that I noticed while working on one of our local
Creeks recently - which is certainly *not* white water! :-)

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5434480021#map=19/-28.09408/153.46106

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5434480020

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5434480022

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5434480023

Unfortunately, none of these render on the standard map - they're only
visible in edit mode (at least in iD?)

Thanks

Graeme