[Tagging] What does recycling:waste=yes/no mean?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 20:50:52 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 2. Apr 2019, at 20:16, bkil <bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Namespacing put aside, could you please help me understand the
> semantics of this value? Waste in this context should me something
> other than the dozens of listed other categories.
>
> What I think they had in mind was a "mixed" compartment that will get
> manually selected later on at a recycling centre. However, it is a
> misnomer in this case, so the term "mixed" or "post_selected" would be
> much better for this meaning

I agree in principle, it is a misnomer and they likely intended „mixed“. With 12 k usage it is not so rare, as the whole recycling: topic is quite in use but not really through the roof, if you think about the potentially mappable occurrences of these: https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=recycling%3A
recycling:glass has nearly 74k usage and is on top of this list.

I would be in favor of changing waste to mixed before it becomes hundreds of thousands.

Cheers, Martin