[Tagging] amenity=place_of_worship | Re: Mapping of indigenous sacred / ceremonial sites

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Apr 3 19:23:27 UTC 2019

Apr 3, 2019, 7:28 PM by letopographefou at gmail.com:

> Access=adherents is a non-sens. You don't have to be a customer to enter a shop (you may become one, but only after you entered), same for most of the places of worship when you are not an "adherent" (which by the way is hard to prove/unprove in most cases).

In Morocco in nearly all mosques nonmuslims are not allowed to enter.

In areas with heavy tourism traffic there are explicit signs in English.

Kaaba is another known to me case of place where only Muslims are
allowed to enter, not sure is it signposted but it is certainly taggable.

> I think this discussion (on accessing places of worship) will never come to an end and don't see the need to set an access tag when there is no clear signage (which is usually the fact I think).

Though in cases where there is a sign it may be useful to tag this, or in
cases where access is simply blocked.