[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Subkey camp_pitch:*

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 05:38:44 UTC 2019

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 12:32, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As requested, I've moved the subkeys for camp_pitch:*= to their own
> proposal page:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:camp_pitch

Sorry Joseph, & apologies if I missed an earlier part of the discussion,
but aren't you duplicating everything that exists under the
tourism=camp_site
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Atourism%3Dcamp_site &
=caravan_site
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Atourism%3Dcaravan_site pages?

I've started with 2 comments of my own:

> 1) Is camp_pitch:surface necessary?
>      It would be possible to just use surface=* on the same node (or area).

Very common set-up for caravan parks is a grass site with a concrete slab
where your annex goes. Maybe surface=grass + slab=yes/no?

> 2) camp_pitch:fire=no?
>     Should there be a value of "no" for camp_pitch:fire if open wood fires
> are not permitted,

Yes, that should definitely be included!

Another option for fires is "off the ground only" eg in a brazier or fire
place, so that may be another option?

Thanks

Graeme