[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Camp_site=camp_pitch

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Thu Apr 11 09:03:55 UTC 2019

Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please comment here or on the proposal discussion page:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/camp_site_pitch

Looks good, by and large :)

Any reason for using a "camp_pitch:" prefix/namespace instead of generic
tagging?

A surface is just a surface after all and the information, that it is the
surface of a camp_pitch is already given by the camp_site=camp_pitch
tagging. So prefixing is redundant at best.

In practice this stuff will only lead to some kind of unificatiopn
step when processing data. Frankly, I would prefer using generic tags.

I already ran into this problem when dealing with website vs.
contact:website where I had to implement a special handling for this stuff.

Looking at the additional tags I would also suggest to add the following for
nodes:
* width
* length
* direction

Rationale for this is, that at least here in Germany there are wooden
pitches in some backcountry campsites where this information might be very
useful.

See http://www.naturpark-eifel.de/de/projekte/detail/Eifel-Trekking-32o/ for
an image of such a beast.

Regards