[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Camp_site=camp_pitch

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:00:10 UTC 2019

On 4/11/19, Sven Geggus <lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de> wrote:
> At least here in Germany most campsites have different pitches for short
> term or long term campers.
>
> While the former ones usually stay for a few days or weeks only, the latter
> ones are more or less permanent residents which pay on a seasonal base
> rather than a daily one.
>
> I already invented a "permanent_camping"="yes","no","only" tagging for
> tourism=camp_site which is rendered in http://opencampingmap.org, but these
> are usually separated pitches on campsites which offer both.

I assume these are caravan or motorhome sites? I'd be surprised if
year-round tent camping were feasible in Germany.

The tags permanent_camping=yes and permanent_camping=no are a good idea.

Perhaps there could also be something like longterm_camping=yes for
pitches that can be used longer than 2 weeks at a time, but not
year-round?

But I think that a place with "permanent_camping=only" is mistagged.
It would be landuse=residential rather than tourism=camp_site or
=caravan_site, no? It's no longer a tourism feature if it's only for
permanent residences.

There is a tag "building=static_caravan" (based on British English)
for  motorhomes / trailers / caravans and mobile homes which are used
as permanent residences in one place, year-round.

We have many "mobile home parks" in the USA which are intended for
year-road habitation, and most of the "vehicles" are up on jacks. Many
have decks and porches built on. I believe these are mapped as
landuse=residential areas, with building=static_caravan for each home.

-Joseph