[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Key:golf_cart

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 15:56:41 UTC 2019

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 16:32, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 10. Apr 2019, at 14:28, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > People must obtain and display permits
> > on their carts to use the paths.  Accordingly, somebody has tagged
> several footpaths there
> > with golf_cart=permissive.
>
> that’s definitely not „permissive“,

I agree.  But I didn't tag it, I just pointed out how it had been tagged.

> it’s either „yes“, „designated“ or maybe „private“ (if you need a
> „special“ permission the standard tag is private). If you need a general
> license for golf carts, tagging it would be like tagging that you need a
> driving permit to drive a car.

It is along the lines of a driving licence, but not exactly the same (as I
understand it).  Which
means it should probably be access=permit (discussed here a few months ago).

It's not like access for cars (you're in a car, you have a driving licence,
access is permitted).  It's
not like access for bicycles (you're on a bicycle, you don't need a
licence, access is permitted).
You can drive a golf cart along what are essentially wide footpaths IF you
have a permit.  You
can't drive to the city in a low-loader ferrying a golf cart, unload the
golf cart and just drive it
along those paths with impunity, you have to get a permit or risk a fine.

For more info, follow the links I gave previously.

--
Paul