[Tagging] Requiring area=yes with barrier=wall, barrier=hedge and other usually linear features when mapped as an area`1

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Apr 13 10:10:23 UTC 2019

Apr 13, 2019, 11:19 AM by tagging at openstreetmap.org:

> regrettably those involved in the project seem to like using the software's shortcomings as an excuse not to sort out problems

Note sure what was the intention of this comment, but at least in my case it is

- discouraging from spending time on OSM Carto
- discouraging from spending time on tagging mailing list
- discouraging from solving this issue in way that you would like it to happen
(the last one is irrational and I am trying to fight against it)

For your information, this thread was started because there is currently
work happening to solve that issue.

See recent comments in
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/3453 <https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/3453>
and