[Tagging] Requiring area=yes with barrier=wall, barrier=hedge and other usually linear features when mapped as an area`1

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Sun Apr 14 06:37:03 UTC 2019

> On 13. Apr 2019, at 19:58, Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at rushpost.com> wrote:
>>
>> It makes no sense to have to add separate ways for barrier=fence and
>> leisure=park when the fence surrounds the entire park.
>
> you could make the park a multipolygon.

This makes even less sense and is even clumsier, especially for those
using iD if memory serves correctly. Single-member multipolygons are
also a clear misuse of the multipolygon relation; the prefix "multi"
means more than one. If, for some reason, the fence or the park boundary
differ, I can see making one or both a multipolygon, but if they are the
same then they should be tagged on the same way (at least as I see it).

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com