[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Camp_site=camp_pitch

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 13:46:13 UTC 2019

Martin, do you have a suggestion for a different key or value for this tag?

I mentioned "tourism=camp_pitch" or "amenity=camp_pitch" above, but I
think this could cause people to start using this as a stand-alone
feature, perhaps for small or remote campsites that have only one
pitch. However, I don't think this would be good. Mappers should use
the established tag "tourism=camp_site" to map the outline of the
whole camping area, whether it is for 1 tent or 1000.

By using a different key, like "camp_site=*", this is more clearly a
"sub-feature" of tourism=camp_site

Joseph