[Tagging] tags for a live stock sale yard

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 20:50:54 UTC 2019

Warin did not mention how they are purchased, i.e., whether an auction
is being held, or if only market haggling is being done. Assuming the
latter, what has been said is still consistent with
amenity=marketplace + marketplace=livestock.

This sounds like a different feature:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stockyard
"(US) An enclosed yard, with pens, sheds etc. or stables, where
livestock is kept temporarily before being slaughtered, treated, sold,
or shipped etc."

Compared to marketplaces, I think stockyards would be interesting to a
lot less map users (probably only to contracted partners who regularly
bring in livestock).

I'm still looking for the answer regarding the ratio of auction vs.
haggling in USA livestock markets/auctions, so we can come up with
tags suiting their use cases as well.