[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Camp_site=camp_pitch

Tobias Wrede list at tobias-wrede.de
Wed Apr 17 15:14:51 UTC 2019

Am 17.04.2019 um 13:32 schrieb marc marc:
> Le 17.04.19 à 11:34, Sven Geggus a écrit :
>> tourism=camp_site
>> camp_site=camp_pitch
>>
>> which would make sense, as single pitch camp-sites_do_  exist.
> indeed, but a parking with one place, is not mapped as amenity=parking
> parking=parking_space

Actually, your example Sven makes perfect sense exactly in the case
where the camp site consists of one camp pitch. That's the usual
interpretation of tags following the scheme A=B, B=C, e. g.
tourism=information + information=board: an information board,
highway=crossing + crossing=uncontrolled: an uncontrolled crossing,
tourism=museum + museum=history: a history museum.

So under tourism=camp_site + camp_site=camp_pitch I would expect a (one)
camp pitch camp site.

On the other hand parts of bigger things are often mapped by repeating
the main tag, e. g. (copied from Marc):

a part of the amenity=parking is amenity=parking_space
a part of a leisure=sports_centre is leisure=pitch [...]

So why not tourism=camp_pitch within tourism=camp_site by the same logic?

Tobi