[Tagging] Stop the large feature madness

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Wed Apr 17 22:28:55 UTC 2019

W dniu 17.04.2019 o 21:47, Mateusz Konieczny pisze:
> Apr 17, 2019, 7:34 PM by geodesy99 at gmail.com:
>
>     If everyone on Earth joined OSM and limited their mapping
>     to their own local knowledge using that rule of thumb, our map
>     would look like this :-)   http://bit.ly/2IGkgoj

Nice and funny illustration of OSM problems with global and remote
natural areas. How did you create it?

> Nobody proposed ban on mapping things far away from your place of
> residence.

That would probably only add to this picture some spots (remote
settlements and touristic attractions) and thin lines (along routes).
And probably only spots, if single day would be the limit.

OSM started as a very local enterprise, but the world is much wider, so
we should rethink how to deal with them, because the world is not gonna
shrink...

--
"I see dead people" [Sixth Sense]