[Tagging] Stop the large feature madness (was: Tag for a plateau or tableland?)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 20:12:29 UTC 2019

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 at 21:00, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:

> The controversy lies not in the choice of tag but rather in the
> presence of long indefinite boundaries.

I thought part of the controversy was the very large polygons involved.
You can map a
strait as a way or a node.

Some may think of it as label painting, but that is a definite geographical
feature.  A passage
which is generally preferred to other routes through narrower straits even
though the weather
is a little rougher.

I'm with you on this one.  If the rules we work to insist that we cannot
map features such as
this so that people can see them on OSM then the rules are wrong.

--
Paul