[Tagging] Other missing landform tags

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 10:14:03 UTC 2019

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 16:29, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pass A depression or gap in a range of mountains or hills permitting
> easier passage from one side to the other.

I've been using the mountain_pass=yes tag,
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:mountain_pass although I think the
wiki could be updated to accommodate passes which are more a way down/up
this cliff, ie. a gap in the cliff line where you can pass.

> Point A raised mass of land that projects over a lower area (water or
> land).
>

> Head/headland A comparatively high promontory of land projecting into
> the sea with a steep face. An un-named head is usually described as a
> ‘Headland’ when a specific name is assigned, it becomes a ‘Head’.

I've been using https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural=cape although
the wiki. Is there much of a different between a cape, head, headland,
promontory and point?