[Tagging] junction=yes as a polygon. Who uses them?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Apr 19 18:27:13 UTC 2019

Apr 19, 2019, 7:36 PM by osm at tobias-knerr.de:

> On 19.04.19 18:35, Dave F via Tagging wrote:
>
>> Following a discussion on OSM-Carto, I'm curious what software uses
>> junction=yes as a polygon.
>>

> Polygons with junction=yes + area:highway=* are part of some variants of
> street area tagging, e.g.
> https://wiki.osm.org/Proposed_features/Street_area <https://wiki.osm.org/Proposed_features/Street_area>
>
> That's if the streets themselves are also mapped as areas in addition to
> ways, of course. Mapping _only_ the junction as an area, as shown in the
> image on that wiki page, isn't something I'm familiar with.

junction=yes + name=yes areas are also used for
mapping areas of named junctions
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/683261853 <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/683261853>
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/547436788 <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/547436788>
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/307252519 <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/307252519>
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/596698431 <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/596698431>

Apparently  OSM-Carto is supporting this mapping style.