[Tagging] Why should we avoid overusage of amenity=* tag?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 22:40:52 UTC 2019

I am one of the people who disagree about using the key amenity

Would shops, crafts and offices be better in amenity? I think not.
Where any set of features can be grouped together they should be, and
given there own key, such as education.
This helps mappers find similar things all under the one key.
If highways were placed under amenity so
amenity=motorway/secondary/primary/residential etc it would make mapping
harder not easier.