[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Baby changing table

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 16:36:26 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 8:47 AM Valor Naram <valinora at gmx.net> wrote:
> I need to clarify the access=* key for my proposal to pleace this discussion.
>
> changing_table:access=yes
> The changing table is accessible to the public. This means you can change the nappy of your baby without being a customer. This happens rarely.

A notable exception is the public loos in parks, airports, motorway
rest stops, and similar places. I suppose that you might be a
'customer' by virtue of having stepped into the place, but it's really
more 'access=yes'.

> changing_table:access=no
> The changing table isn't also accessible for the customers. We should leave this value anyway because parents don't have any doubt of asking. It applies also for rooms for which you need a key.

It's pretty common in the US to have to ask for they key to the
lavatory in gas/petrol stations and convenience stores. It's still
access=customers, you just need to request the access token.

In any case, thinking back a quarter-century or so to when my daughter
was a baby, the key question in my mind was usually, "is there a
changing table that isn't in the ladies' room?'  At the time, places
where a man could change a diaper discreetly were almost vanishingly
rare.