[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Camp_site=camp_pitch

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 10:09:28 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 26. Apr 2019, at 04:08, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Then we would need to retag all of the other "camp_site=camp_pitch"
> objects

yes, my suggestion would be to retag all* 7000 camp_site=camp_pitch to a pitch tag and keep the camp_site values that refer to camp_site types (like basic, spontaneous_camp, serviced, standard, deluxe, primitive etc.) as it is more consistent with the general system of a=b b=c...
where c is a subtype of a=b

Wrt the number on camping pitches on earth, and to the number of camp sites mapped, 7000 seems a minor number.

* if you like, those camp_site=camp_pitch (very few) that describe a single pitch camp site could keep the tagging, but it will probably create friction with people still using the same tag for individual pitches, so my suggestion would be camp_site=single_pitch for these

Cheers, Martin