[Tagging] unused tags and properties

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 23:54:35 UTC 2019

A few people continue to add unused tags and properties to feature
definitions, e.g. looking at the page for tourism=guesthouse, which is
quite long in the meantime, you can find "proposed" values with names like
"fridge"
"stove"
"drying:room"
"dinner"
which all hardly reach a 2 digit number of usage.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dguest_house

For the "view" tag there isn't even a definition.

I believe treating the wiki like this will generally lead to a decline in
quality of our documentation, because immature tags are pushed that haven't
undergone any kind of peer review (aparently).

Am I the only one with these concerns?

Cheers,
Martin