[Tagging] Verifiability wiki page: "Geometry" section added

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 21:32:40 UTC 2019

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 5:16 PM Daniel Koć <daniel at koć.pl> wrote:
> I think there is a quite universal problem with mixing verifiability
> with level of accuracy. You might not be able to show accurate borders,
> but you can clearly verify that this is an area and not the node, for
> example.

This is why I'm trying to be careful with language, and use
'indefinite' rather than 'imprecise' or 'inaccurate' for the cases
where the margin of an area feature is not 'unsurveyed' or 'surveyed
badly' but actually not well established.

Indefinite margins, for some types of feature, comprise only
relatively small portions of the features' margins. We discard much
useful information by making no distinction between 'area feature
about which less than everything is well defined' and 'putative area
feature about which nothing is defined.'