[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 00:24:11 UTC 2019

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 at 22:37, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> only after it has become generally established :)
>
> while none of these conditions are maybe absolute hard requirements, IMHO
> most of them should be fulfilled:
>
> - is used in significant numbers by many different people

But what are "generally established" & "significant numbers"?

500 / 1000 / 5000 ?

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 at 22:47, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> My thought was that we could clarify that certain types of new
> features can be added to the Map Features pages without meeting all
> those characteristics (shops, offices) but that other types shouldn't
> be added without discussion.

Not a bad idea.

It would also be handy to have something very prominent up the top of the
page to tell people to search via the Wiki box up top right, & also via
TagInfo (with link), to see if an appropriate tag already exists.

Thanks

Graeme