[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:insurance:health

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 21:24:28 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 1. Aug 2019, at 22:18, Mhairi O'Hara <mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org> wrote:
>
> Voting is now open for the proposed feature insurance:health
>
> "Indicates the type of health insurance accepted at a health facility"
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:insurance:health

the situation is similar to the healthcare equipment proposal, the proposal only mentions a key and there is no guidance which values are expected. As you are writing about “types” of insurances I would expect these types listed and explained.

Additionally looking at taginfo gave me the impression that the insurance:*=* system is used with different semantics (e.g. insurance:car=yes will likely not be intended to mean: this place accepts car insurances).
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=insurance

My suggestion would be something more explicit/descriptive and not colliding with existing usage (none of the insurance* tags seems documented, so you better avoid them, unless you’re sure what the people who applied them had in mind).

E.g.
healthcare:insurance_types=semicolon list
or
accepted_insurance_types=
or
accepted_health_insurance_types=...

Admittedly they’re all rather bulky.

If you don’t mention the types you might get people adding the names of individual insurance companies or products.

Cheers Martin