[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:healthcare:equipment

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 23:07:53 UTC 2019

> sent from a phone
>
> On 1. Aug 2019, at 22:18, Mhairi O'Hara <mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org
> <mailto:mhairi.ohara at hotosm.org>> wrote:
>
>> "Indicates what type of speciality medical equipment is available at
>> a health facility"
>>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:healthcare:equipment
>

> I am not sure this should already go to voting, documentation is still
> rather vague and it is somehow indicative that the status is still set
> to draft. The rationale is quite detailed but actual tagging must
> mostly be imagined. I would suggest to have this discussed for another
> round and be more explicit about the proposed values.

The proposal is to map the actual location of the item. Does this
matter? And how difficult will it be for mappers to obtain that
information and other mappers to verify it?

> To me it is not even completely clear whether this should be used as a
> property or defines an explicit feature, although it seems more
> thought as a property (but then there are the size considerations).

It would be simpler as a 'property of the hospital' similar to bed
count, height, name etc. As such it would not be mapped as a
node/way/relation but as a property of a hospital.

> For example you mention “operating theatre” (we are using BE spelling
> for tags), emergency_department and laboratory as possible values. To
> me neither of these seems a good fit for an _equipment_ tag, and IMHO
> for things like these we should choose a representation that allows
> for easy addition of more detail if desired (e.g. operating theatre
> capacity, location of emergency department and its access points,
> details for capabilities of the lab, etc.)

Laboratory does not say what it is ... they can have different
capabilities. More though required?

Emergency department presence and entrances already have an existing
tagging scheme.