[Tagging] Road hierarchy

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 09:18:09 UTC 2019

On 04/08/19 19:08, Tomas Straupis wrote:
> 2019-08-04, sk, 11:56 Erkin Alp Güney rašė:
>> Paved: service unpaved:track
>    service could always be paved and unpaved.
>    track used to be always unpaved, but somewhere somehow tracktype1
> became paved :-)

I have a number of tracks around me. Some sections of them are paved to stop soil erosion. They are still tracks even if paved.

There are a number of main highways that are unpaved too, over long distances.

The surface of the road and how wide it is does not determine its importance to the road network and the local community.
The surface and width may impede or help transportation, but they don't change the necessity of using the roads.