[Tagging] Road hierarchy

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 09:35:47 UTC 2019

On 04/08/19 19:19, Tomas Straupis wrote:

1)
> Let's say we have a residential road R.

2)
> Going out of this residential road there is a way A into the
> neighbouring residential area (say 50m length).

3) residential area road. I think this bit has been forgotten.

4)
> Out of that way A there is another way B leading into the
> fields/forest which lies outside of the residential area. B way is
> long enough and significant, say leading to some locally significant
> object (ruins, tree, lake).
>

> What could be correct:

Many things could be correct!

1 & 3 are minimum 'residential'.

2 .. I would say minimum 'unclassified'.

4 I would say minimum 'unclassified'. This could be 'track' but the
importance of the things at the end tend to elevate it.

Going to a higher classification is all about the importance of the
roads to the local community...

If the lake, tree and ruins get lots of traffic then the roads leading
there could be 'primary'! There is not enough information to make a 'rule'.