[Tagging] Was public_transport=platform intended to always be combined with highway=bus_stop?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 14:39:05 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 4. Aug 2019, at 15:03, Markus <selfishseahorse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't mean a real platform, but a waiting area (see
> also Polyglot's message). If it would have meant a real platform,
> there were no PTv2 tag for the waiting area of a stop without
> platform, which is the normal situation for bus stops at many places.

it is just an excuse to insist on using pt=platform for things that aren’t platforms and justify it with saying it means waiting area.
I don’t think we should define pt=platform for something different than a public transport platform, it would be asking for trouble.
If you want a waiting area tag, name it like this.

Cheers Martin