[Tagging] Was public_transport=platform intended to always be combined with highway=bus_stop?

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 22:51:54 UTC 2019

Isn't the only thing that matters, for routing at least, the name of the
role that the platform has? I mean, anything can have the role "platform".
Highway=bus_stop can have the role platform.

And nothing renders anyway. So why don't we just start using other
public_transport values, like pole, waiting_area, and whatever we want. We
just start using them, and give them the "platform" role in the relations.
Rendering will come.

Janko