[Tagging] Road hierarchy

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 13:50:05 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 8. Aug 2019, at 13:41, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Except I wouldn't let the pavements, greenery, trees, etc. influence
> me.  If the main function is getting through the village then it's a through road even though
> it has houses that are barely separated from the road and don't have pavements.

+1, historically (say pre-1960ies, I’m not old enough to tell from own experience and may be wrong) you wouldn’t have found pavements in German hamlets and villages (or likely anywhere in the countryside), and although most will have put them now, it really isn’t a criterion for the road importance.

Cheers Martin