[Tagging] tag templates in the wiki

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 23:05:47 UTC 2019

Is it now unavoidable that the info box content on tag definition pages in the wiki comes from the database? Is there consensus that the higher complexity to edit it is less important than the features we gain from it?

E.g. here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dbridge

I find it unfortunate that the edits to the tag db don’t show up in the page history for the tag definition page, so changes to these are much harder to spot and history becomes much more complex because you have to look at several sources (first of all you would have to be aware that there is a database from where this comes, then you must find it and get the history from there).

I believe this is incapacitating the wider community and creating a context where it becomes almost impossible for an ordinary mapper to make even a small modification to these parts in the wiki.

Cheers Martin

sent from a phone