[Tagging] Classifying roads from Trunk to Tertiary and Unclassified

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 13:04:53 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 12. Aug 2019, at 12:32, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From what I've found (which may be wrong or I've misinterpreted it) autopistas are
> highway=motorway.  Autovias are harder to categorize, but seem to be theoretically
> highway=trunk even though in practise some of the newer autovias seem
> indistinguishable from highway=motorway in terms of construction and traffic
> regulations.

if I don’t interpret this wrong, in Germany and Italy we are using the motorroad=yes qualifier for what appears to be called autovia in Spain (motorway like access restrictions). We are further using highway=trunk for all roads that are similar to motorways (no grade level intersections, ramps) but are not legally motorways. trunk and motorroad are orthogonal properties/classes.

Cheers Martin