[Tagging] Classifying roads from Trunk to Tertiary and Unclassified

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 00:35:36 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 13. Aug 2019, at 02:21, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think your confusing tagging with rendering.
>
> Tagging is what is on the ground.
> The road from Toulouse toward Lyon may physically change between the two, so the tagging follows that (I don't think so but as an example?).

I believe the issue is that in a proper network you would expect not to find gaps at specific zoom levels, when there are actually connections in reality (those should show up at the same time (zoom), or not, if you want to make a nice network map).

If classes like motorway or trunk are bound to legal or physical characteristics rather than only a hierarchical network, and aren’t “complete” from a network aspect, you will get the gaps.

Cheers Martin