[Tagging] Merging tagging scheme on wiki pages of Hiking, route=hiking, route=foot and Walking routes

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Tue Aug 13 18:17:07 UTC 2019

On 8/13/2019 4:50 AM, s8evq wrote:

> Currently, there are four tagging scheme tables describing how walking (or hiking) routes should be tagged.
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hiking
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Walking_Routes
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:route%3Dhiking
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:route%3Dfoot

Hi s8evq, I'm withholding judgement for now on the larger question of
combining these, but one comment: All four of these tables describe
'colour' as "especially useful for public transport routes" which isn't
particular relevant to this topic IMO. Maybe "useful for trails blazed
with a specific colour"?

Thanks, Jason