[Tagging] Bicycle kitchens, community centres that offer bicycle repairs etc

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Thu Aug 15 13:49:19 UTC 2019

On 8/14/2019 6:45 PM, dcapillae wrote:

> Obviusly, «amenity=community_centre»

Sounds correct.

For anything that's not a bicycle shop but still does bicycle repairs
(I've seen cafes, car repair shops, outdoor shops, and even a church
with this service), consider just adding the
"service:bicycle:repair=yes" tag.

The "service:bicycle:*=*" syntax was invent by iD (last year maybe?) and
gets populated when you add a service to a bicycle shop through iD's
"all fields" sidebar. It was controversial at the time (because it's
wordy and was introduced ex cathedra, not discussed beforehand on the
mailing list or wiki) but has nonetheless become popular. As long as
we're using it, no reason it should be restricted only to "shop=bicycle"
IMO.

As far as the fee goes, if *nothing* at the feature in question costs
money, then "fee=no" seems good, otherwise I suppose I'd go with
"service:bicycle:repair:fee=no" (yech!)

Jason