[Tagging] Route sorting

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 16:25:09 UTC 2019

On 15/08/2019 17:04, Peter Elderson wrote:

> Not talking about simple unsorted, but made unsortable. Enter a
> roundabout of pedestrian area into a route, extend a road, shift
> another - and you can'sort it. any more. I'm talking daily experience
> here.

Presumably you're talking about some software that you're using that
can't sort a route that has some roads, a roundabout, and then some more
roads in it?

What software is this?

It's entirely normal that some routes are "not sortable" in the sense of
"being made into one linear list", but something like
http://ra.osmsurround.org/index ought to still be able to analyse them
OK I would have thought?  I've just tried it on a bus route containing a
roundabout locally and it coped OK.

Best Regards,

Andy